What is NASA Camp?
Camp KSC® is a weeklong day camp experience with lifelong impact, launching kids into a galaxy of fun and learning! Kennedy Space Center, NASA’s launch headquarters, specializes in STEM learning at its best, offering a week full of hands-on science, technology, engineering and math activities for students ages 7 through 16. The program centers on NASA-based science and engineering and will challenge campers with curriculum comprised of exciting and educational adventures that are catered to fit each age group.
Campers are divided into teams based on their age at the time of camp attendance.
The program also includes a full week of space activities, a visit to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, a Camp KSC T-shirt, lunch and snacks, and a graduation ceremony and certificate.
At the visitor complex, campers will dive into missions such as:
- Mars habitation operations to solve possible emergencies
- Spacewalk microgravity simulator, learning to work in a frictionless environment
- Simulated spaceflight from Kennedy Space Center to Mars
- Mars surface exploration using virtual reality
- Botany Lab vegetable growth and harvesting, sending data to real NASA scientists
- Mars rover robotics to optimize power for the Base
- Engineering builds, themed to each age group
- Hands-on STEM challenges
- Team building, communication and collaboration